What Is Smart Automation?
We combine Robotic Process Automation, API Integrations, Custom Application development, and Artifical intelligence to produce automation solutions for your business. Using this we're able to increase the amount of automation for businesses dramatically when compared to traditional business process automation agencies.
By automating and simplifying tasks specific to your
organisation a smart automation system can:
organisation a smart automation system can:
Capture and store text directly from documents
Eliminate human errors from manual input
Increase productivity and speed for your growing team.
Make aspects of your business portable, increase security, and decrease costs overall
Free your staff from manual, repetitive tasks and let a robot that works 24/7 365 do that for you.
Increase client satisfaction and competitive edge by providing an ability to provide services on-demand and access to key information on-demand.
Improve collaboration internally and externally by housing a central place of communication and making it portable.
Create reports for measurable insights into your processes
What does smart automation look like?
- Employee at location 1 receives an invoice
- Scans the invoice as a PDF
- Emails the document to finance
- Finance prints out the invoice
- Manually fills out the rest of the information
- Re-scans the invoice as a PDF
- Enters the transactions into the accounting system
- Sends payment to the appropriate vendor
- Saves a version for record keeping
Optimized by PICWA
- Customer sends invoice to centralised email address
- Invoice is automatically scanned, key data extracted and matched to purchase orders and goods receipts
- Automatic approval on correct matching, otherwise automatically routed to correct person for approval
- 70% + "touchless" processing
- Automated data keying, approval, and distribution
- Save up to two-thirds of your current invoicing process costs
Phase 1: Discovery
In this phase of our process, we determine all the stakeholders and then interview them, we listen carefully and ask questions (a lot of questions). This is so we can understand your business and grasp a holistic understanding of the challenges your facing. By the end of this process, we are in deep. We will have a clear definition of your business, the opportunities for growth with a smart automation system, and how to synergistically run a successful project.
The key objectives from the discovery phase is to:
- Identify your current business strucutre and processes.
- Identify the processes and reptitive tasks that can be automated using a combination of Robots, Artificial Intelligence, API integrations, and a Custom Applicaton
- Identify how specific problems could be solved through the use of Smart Automation
- Determine if an ROI can be produced by automating sections of your business
- Identify risks and challenges we might face along the way
Phase 2: Solution Assessment
This is where we get creative and strategic about how we will be using a smart automation system to solve the problems and repetitive tasks that were identified in the discovery stage. The deliverables of this phase consist of research, analysis, prototyping (Only if the solution will include a custom application) and documenting an action plan.
The key objectives from the solution assessment is to:
- Determine the combination of Robots, Artificial Intelligence, API integrations, and Custom Applicaton development for the Smart Automation solution. It might be all of these or it might be some of these, it entirely depends on the processes and repetitive tasks that are needed to be automated. Once the techologies that will be used for the smart automation solutuon is determined, we then determine how each technology will be used synergistically for the solution.
- Identify which areas of the Smart Automation system will require training and determine the tutroial materials and support that will need to be catered for.
- Plan solutions to overcome the risks and challenges identified in Phase 1.
- Create the project plan of development for the Smart Automation solution by splitting each task into multiple tickets and then assigning the tickets into multiple milestones.
- Determine an accurate estimate for the entire investment that will be required to have the Smart Automation solution built and an in-depth ROI breakdown.
Note: If it is determined that a custom application would be required as a part of the smart automation solution, then in this phase we will also design a skeleton version (prototype) of the custom app. We are not talking about making something look pretty, that will come later. At this phase we prototype, test, refine, prototype, test, refine, prototype, test, refine... I think you get the point. The idea is to harmonize the needs of your company with the custom application component of your smart automation solution. At the end of this phase, we will have a well-defined user experience for your Smart Automation solution that will tackle your challenges and really please your users.
Phase 3: System Development.
Using the project plan made in Phase 2, we develop the smart automation solution in Phase 3. We’ll release the system out in milestones, so you’ll be able to use it within a matter of weeks, instead of months.
- Assign tickets to a 2-week long Sprint, based on upcoming milestones.
- Begin, execute, test and deliver tickets in the sprint.
- Report on progress and perform retrospectives to improve future sprints.
Repeat Step 1, 2 and 3 until all tickets and milestones from the project plan that was created in the solutions assessment are completed.
Phase 4: Ongoing Optimisation & Support
All smart automation systems need maintaining, tweaking and improving beyond the initial launch.
Based on your organisation goals and analysing real usage of your smart automation system, we then plan the development of future iterations and incremental rollouts of new builds.
What Our Clients Say